Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last Photo Card

Just another rainy, dreary day in Georgia.  When will the sun shine and the temp read 75-80?  Spring break is only a week away and it's completely shocking that the temps are still in the 50s mid day.  Well, the only good thing is my husband took our oldest to baseball practice which left me at home with the youngest. TJ is a quiet kid and happy to play alone or watch a movie. Batman series seems to be the hot movies now. SHHH - I hear the Easter bunny is bringing a few more Batman movies - but I want tell!!

While TJ was playing quietly I was able to finally finish the last of my photo cards. I needed to make twelve unique cards for the family.  Ok maybe they didn't have to be unique but that's how I craft. I prefer creating only one maybe two of something rather than multiples.  I suppose I will never have a craft show. Who cares - it's my enjoyment.

This latest card is a simple free standing pop-up card. The template is from SplitcoastStampers which is a must website for card makers.  All I did was change the size in order for the photo to fit. I then ran the base through my Cuttlebug and embossed using stylized flowers folder, a little ribbon, a tag, stamp a quick sentiment, and voila! Hope you like it - and if so checkout the directions...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard

Hope everyone enjoys the week and I hope to post a new project very soon!


6 comments:

  1. I love this style of card - I'v e made several and it's certainly one of my favs. I like how you changed the size; I'll have to try that.

    I also like to make unique things; unless I do a set on commission, I like to make each card indivdually. Hubby laughs at me; he always says "MY brother will never see YOUR brother's birthday card!" But, like you, that is the way I create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Enjoyed looking through your blog and seeing the other lovely cards you've uploaded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments!

    My husband doesn't notice that my family gets different cards than his. Although he can't figure out how the card unfolds. He was completed confused my the neverending card I made a few months ago. Keep 'em guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those stand up cards too! Cute family and hope you get the sun in Ga soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and projects! My brother, Eddie, gave me a link to your blog. Can't wait to see what you create next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathie - your wish for sun in GA has paid off. Today is a perfect day - sun, 75, windows open, absolutely great!

    Janis - So glad your brother pointed you my way. No idea what I'll post next - maybe a quick card or a scrapbook page. Check back again. Thank Eddie for me and stop by again!

    ReplyDelete