Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday Cake Easel Card

There have been a few versions of this card on the web and I fell in love with it immediately. It wasn't until the other day that I found directions. I copied off the instructions but failed to write down the link to the blog. I am so sorry about that because this person's card was very beautiful.

I will at some point create a tutorial on how to make this very creative card so check back soon. It was really much easier than I thought!  The stamp is "Leaning Tilda" which I won from Jacque's wonderful blog. I colored with Copics - BG000, B02, B05 (top); R32, R35, R37 (pants); E00, E11, E13, R20 (skin); and C3, C5, C7, C9 (hair). I even put a little border around the cake for additional decoration using a Martha Stewart border punch.

I hope you enjoy and once the tutorial is uploaded you must make one yourself!






16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute!!! I really love the little cake!!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that post too! Not whose though. Yours is adorable and such nice coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an adorable card and Tilda
    looks delightful!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet try this type of card. Your card is so very cute and the color scheme is very delightful :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is just darling!! LOVE your fun birthday easel creation and your coloring is so lovely!! TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hope, this is soooo precious. I love this die cut on which you stamped Tilda, very lovely shape.
    Too cute.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card. Love those candles on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hope! This creation is stunning....such a beautifully colored Tilda! An extraordinary easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Hope! Your coloring is very beautiful and I just love this Birthday Easel card. I wanted to make one a while ago but kept procrastinating.
    How lucky of you to have won at Jacques. I stopped entreing her candies because so many people do...lol.
    Hugs sweetie and have a great Sunday!
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope this is adorable, and your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope, this is just precious and what a wonderful idea! Love the colors you have used and the details are just stunning! Hugs...Jacque

    ReplyDelete