Monday, September 3, 2012

Peek a Boo Card Cut File

One of the lovely ladies on the Magnolia-lious Yahoo group was so kind to create a tutorial on how to make a "Peek a Boo" card. Norma's tutorial was just terrific and you can find it HERE.  I've made a few of these cards and just love them. The real trick to creating a Peek a Boo card is to find a stamp that will fit in the windows.  Digital stamps are definitely an option since you can size them accordingly.

This card has several pieces and I thought why not create a cut file so my Cricut can do all the cutting for me. This allows me to have perfect cuts each and every time. I made one little change to Norma's tuturial and made the back page 6 x 6 1/2 inches instead of  6 x 6.  I then scored the extra 1/2 inch and used that to attached to the inside of the card.

I don't have a finished card just yet but will have one posted in the next day or so. However, I did make a test card from the cut file and exported it from Sure Cuts A Lot to save it as a SVG file. Please feel free to download and use as you'd like. Just click on the link below! There are 6 pages to the file - the Card Base (cardstock) pages each have 2 layers, one is for the actual cutting and the other indicates the score line. You can hide the score layer when cutting and then hide the cut layer when scoring if you prefer. There are two pages for the card front and inside of the card to be cut from designer paper. The last page includes three oval scallop frames to give the opening a more finished look.

I intend to change the opening shape from oval to rectangle to accommodate other size stamps. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at all.  I hope this helps many of you to create this fabulous card a bit more easily!

Peek a Boo Cut File

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment